How to Get the Windows 11 22H2 Download After Windows 11 23H2 Was Released
Windows 11 is the latest major release of Microsoft’s Windows NT operating system, released on October 5, 2021. As of October 2023, Windows 11, at 24.42% worldwide is the second most popular Windows version in use.
Currently, Windows 11 has come to the version 23H2. Some people may want to know how to get the Windows 11 22H2 download after Windows 11 23H2 was released.
Microsoft always offers you the latest Windows 11 version. Therefore, you cannot get the Windows 11 version 22H2 from Microsoft anymore. Fortunately, there are still ways to get Windows 11 22H2.
Way 1. Uninstall Windows 11 23H2 Updates
If your computer upgrades to Windows 11 23H2 from 22H2, you can use this method. At the time of writing, Microsoft has only released 2 Windows 11 23H2 updates (KB5032190 and KB5031455). Therefore, you just need to uninstall the two updates and you can get the Windows 11 version 22H2 back.
How to uninstall a Windows update? Here is the guide:
- Press the Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
- Go to Windows Update > Update history.
- Click Uninstall updates under the Related settings section.
- Find KB5032190 and KB5031455 to uninstall them. If you can find KB5027397, please also uninstall it.
Way 2. Download the ISO File Online
Previously, you could get the Windows 11 version 22H2 download to a USB drive using Rufus. But recently, this method doesn’t work anymore for unknown reasons.
The only way for you is to download the Windows 11 22H2 ISO file packaged by other users or wait for Rufus to fix the issue.
Introduction to Windows 11 22H2
The Windows 11 22H2 release date is Sep 20, 2033. Compared to the older Windows 11 21H2, the Windows 11 22H2 features have some optimization. For example:
- You can create Start menu folders to better organize your apps.
- You can change the size of the Pinned apps section to control how many icons are visible at once.
- You can drag and drop icons onto the Taskbar.
- You’ll find new layouts for snapping and arranging multiple windows and apps.
- You can more easily access your OneDrive storage in File Explorer
- Microsoft 365 users can view their subscription details from the Accounts screen.
- You can use the preloaded Clipchamp app to edit your videos.
In addition, the subsequent updates also added more features to 22H2.
Is this post useful to you? Do you have other ideas for downloading Windows 11 22H2 after 23H2 was released? Share your ideas with us in the following comment zone.
In addition, MiniTool Partition Wizard is a professional disk and partition management tool. You can use it to clone your system before you update Windows in case you want to get the old Windows version back.