How to update Xbox 360 and Xbox Series X/S? This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard shows you how to do that online and offline. It also offers the Xbox Series X update and Xbox 360 update files.
How to Update Xbox 360
The Xbox 360 is a home video game console developed by Microsoft. It is the successor to the original Xbox, the second console in the Xbox series. It was discontinued in 2016, but some people may use the console still.
In this part, I will show you how to get the Xbox 360 update in 2 ways.
Way 1. Install the Xbox 360 Update Online
- Make sure you have connected your Xbox 360 console to the Internet.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to Settings > System Settings > Network Settings.
- If prompted, select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
- If prompted, select Yes to update the console software.
Way 2. Install Xbox 360 Update Offline
If the first method fails, you can take the Xbox offline update method.
- Prepared a USB drive formatted to FAT32.
- Connect the USB flash drive to a computer.
- Download the Xbox 360 update file. It is a .zip file. Unzip it.
- Open the unzipped file, you will see a folder named $SystemUpdate.
- Copy this folder to the root directory of your USB flash drive (for example, E:). Do not copy the contents to another folder on the USB flash drive (for example, E:Files).
- Unplug the USB flash drive from the computer.
- Plug the flash drive into a USB port on the Xbox 360 console.
- Restart the console.
- When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. When prompted, select Yes to update the new console software.
How to Update Xbox Series X/S
The Xbox Series X and S are the fourth-generation Xbox home video game consoles developed by Microsoft. They were released in 2020, as the successor to Xbox One. How to update Xbox Series X/S to get new features? You can use the following 2 ways.
Way 1. Install Xbox Series X/S Update Online
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates. It will check for console updates.
- Select Update console (If there is no update, you will see No console update available).
- Click Start Update.
Checking Keep my console up to date can let the console install new updates automatically when they are released.
Way 2. Install Xbox Series X/S Update Offline
Tip: Although Xbox Series X is higher-end and Xbox Series S is lower-end, they use the same update file.
- Prepare a USB flash drive with a minimum 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS.
- Insert the USB drive into a PC and download the Xbox Series X update file OSU1.
- Unzip the file and copy the $SystemUpdate file to the root directory of the USB flash drive. In addition, there shouldn’t be any other files on the flash drive.
- Power off your console and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
- Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
- Press and hold the Pair button located on the left side of the console and the Eject button if you have this button. It is located on the front of the console. Then, press the Xbox button on the console. This will open Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.
- Plug the USB drive into the console. The Offline system update option will become active. Use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select it. This will start updating Xbox Series X/S.
It is annoying that installing an Xbox One game stopped at or near 0%. This post explores the top 8 methods to fix the Xbox One installation stopped error.
MiniTool Partition Wizard can help you clone the system, manage disks better, and recover data. If you have this need, you can download it from the official website.