Are you using uBlock Origin to block ads on Twitch? What should you do if you encounter uBlock Origin not working on Twitch issue? In this post, MiniTool Partition Wizard offers you 2 ways to fix this problem.
uBlock Origin Not Working on Twitch
Twitch is a video and audio streaming platform for game players to perform live games, screen sharing, or broadcast game events. A chat room is also provided to allow simple interaction between the audiences.
Much like YouTube, Twitch will play ads before, during, and after the live video. To block Twitch ads, many users will use brose extension software like uBlock Origin, AdBlock, etc.
Many people will use uBlock Origin, which is a free, open source, cross-platform content filtering browser extension that can be used on many browsers, including Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc.
Twitch developers are always looking for ways to show you ads, even if you have an ad blocker installed. Some people report that they have encountered uBlock Origin not blocking Twitch ads issue. If you are also facing this issue, please refer to the following methods to solve the problem.
Fix 1. Change User Resources Location in uBlock Origin
If uBlock Origin doesn't work properly, you can follow the steps below to fix it:
- Navigate to the uBlock Origin Dashboard and access the settings.
- Skip to My Filters tab, add "tv##+js(twitch-videoad)", and then click Apply changes.
- Skip to Settings tab and check “I’m an advanced user".
- A cogwheel will appear. Click on it and find “userResourcesLocation”. Then modify its value from “unset” to "https://github.com/pixeltris/TwitchAdSolutions/raw/master/notify-strip/notify-strip-ublock-origin.js".
- Restart your browser and disable/enable the extension.
Fix 2. Use Alternative Ways to Block Ads on Twitch
If the above method doesn't fix uBlock Origin not working on Twitch issue, you can either wait a new update from uBlock Origin or use other ways to block ads on Twitch. To block ads with alternative ways, you can consider the following methods:
- Use other ads Blockers: There are many ads blockers for Twitch. If uBlock Origin doesn't work, you can use others like AdBlock, Video Ad-Block for Twitch, etc.
- Use Twitchls.com: This website is well known amongst Twitch users for the ability to play Twitch live content without seeing advertisements. You just need to change the web address from https://www.twitch.tv/channelname to https://www.twitchls.com/channelname.
- Use a VPN: In some countries like Hungary, Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, Costa Rica, etc., in order to seize the market, Twitch will not play ads. Therefore, you can use a VPN and change your location to these countries to avoid getting ads from Twitch anymore.
- Subscribe to Twitch Turbo: Twitch Turbo is $8.99/mo and it means no pre-rolls, no mid-rolls, no companions, and no display ads. But please note that you may still be presented promotions and ads that are embedded into a broadcast or, in rare situations, delivered with certain simulcast content.
- Watch the VOD: uBlock will block ads in VOD (video on demand). If it can't block ads in live stream, you can watch the VOD. In addition, watching VODs allows you to rewind and skip if you want to, which is not possible during a Livestream.
If the above methods don't work for you, you can choose to either tolerate the ads on Twitch or switch to Twitch alternatives such as YouTube Gaming, Facebook Gaming, and DLive.