Do you like Stardew Valley and want to play this game with friends in couch? In this post, MiniTool Partition Wizard shows you how to enable Stardew Valley split screen. Whether you use PC or console, this method will work.
About Stardew Valley
Stardew Valley is a simulation role-playing video game about farming. At the start of the game, players create their character, who becomes the recipient of a plot of land and a small house once owned by their grandfather in a small town called Pelican Town.
Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. You need to learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home. This game allows you to select from several different farm map types, each having benefits and drawbacks.
In the open-ended game, players can take on activities such as growing crops, raising livestock, crafting goods, mining for ores, selling produce, and socializing with the townspeople, including marriage and having children.
Developed by Eric "ConcernedApe" Barone, Stardew Valley was released for Microsoft Windows in February 2016, and later for macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation Vita, iOS, and Android.
Once released, Stardew Valley received "generally favorable" review. By January 2020, Stardew Valley had sold over 10 million copies across all platforms. In addition, this game offers multiplayer mode in which 1–4 players can join the same world through split-screen, over LAN, or by IP address.
A great many people are troubled by the Stardew Valley connection failed issue. How to fix the issue? This post will provide you with several effective fixes.
How to Enable Stardew Valley Split Screen?
If you want to enable Stardew Valley split screen, you should know the following things:
- Multiplayer mode is available on the PC (Linux/Mac/Windows) and console (PS4/Switch/Xbox One) versions, but not on mobile (iOS/Android) or PS Vita.
- You can't have both split-screen and remote players at the same time if you use consoles.
- On Switch only, split-screen mode is limited to two players. Each player needs a full controller or two Joy Cons.
- Crossplatform multiplayer (e.g. PS4 ↔ PC) isn't supported, except between PC versions (e.g. Windows ↔ MacOS).
- The player who created the world is the "host", and the other players are "farmhands". If the host isn't online or the farm isn't currently open to other players, then farmhands can't access the world or their characters in that world.
A great many users reported that Stardew Valley won’t launch on Windows 10. What causes this issue? How to fix it? Now, get the answers from this post.
Here is the guide on how to enable Stardew Valley split screen:
- Create or load your save normally.
- Build a cabin for each new player in single-player mode.
- Connect a controller to your computer/console for each extra player. (The keyboard on PC is always reserved for the first player, though the first player can use a controller too.)
- Open the in-game menu and choose the Options tab.
- Scroll down to the Multiplayer section and choose Start Local Co-op.
- Have each extra player press start on the connected controller.
Please note that if the host loaded the world via "Co-Op" on the title screen, you can have both remote and split-screen players in the same world (if you use PC).
When you play Stardew Valley in split screen, there are some things you need to consider. For example, how to set profit margin? If you don't want to lower down the game difficulty, you should lower down the profit margin.