Windows 11 has been officially released this month. But should I upgrade to Windows 11 right now? Some people may have already switch to Windows 11 once it’s officially released, but other people may have some worries about Windows 11. This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard will talk about this topic.
Should I Upgrade to Windows 11 Right Now?
As we all know Windows 11 is the successor of Windows 10 and Microsoft is ending support for Windows 10 on October 14th, 2025. With no doubt, Windows 11 will become the next mainstream Windows OS version. But should you upgrade to Windows 11 right now? The answer may be “No”. The reasons may be as follows:
- Does your PC meet Windows 11 requirements, especially the TPM 2.0 requirement? If not, you upgrading to Windows 11 may mean that you should replace your PC. This may be not worth. It is better to wait for a while. Maybe Microsoft will relax the Windows 11 upgrade conditions.
- Is Windows 11 safe to use? Updating to a new OS is usually a big deal, and some past Windows launches have been disastrous. Some previous Windows versions have led to significant issues when users upgraded, including data loss and driver and program incompatibility. Therefore, careful consideration is necessary.
- Is the software that you use frequently compatible with Windows 11? If you have games or work software that you use frequently, you should make sure they are compatible with Windows 11 before you upgrade the PC. If they are not compatible with Windows 11, wait for updates.
When Should You Upgrade to Windows 11?
According to Microsoft, Windows 11 is better than Windows 10. Compared to Windows 10, Windows 11 has more beautiful UI design, and it has also been significantly improved in terms of performance and security. Its system size is reduced by 40%, and it also responds more quickly in the daily use of users.
In addition, Windows 11 adds some wonderful functions. For example, Microsoft Store is planning to integrate with third-party app storefronts like Amazon apps. Therefore, you can play Android apps on Windows 11 directly (without Android emulators).
But when should you upgrade to Windows 11? I recommend you to upgrade to Windows in the first half of 2022. The reasons are as follows:
- Microsoft's new OS is gradually rolling out between now and mid-2022. Currently, you can upgrade to Windows 11 for free. However, I guess this free upgrade service will be ended by mid-2022. Since then, upgrading to Windows 11 will no longer be free.
- After you upgrade to Windows 11, you’ll have 10 days to revert back to Windows 10. If you find you don’t like Windows 11, you can downgrade to Windows 10.
- Some people have already switched to Windows 11. By mid-2022, Windows 11 has been tried out by many people for a long time. Some errors have been already found out and fixed. Then, you can upgrade to Windows 11 without worries.