Do you want to convert PDF files into other file formats or convert other file formats into PDF files? This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard introduces the 10 best free PDF converters to you. You can try them.
Advantages of PDF File Format
The PDF file format has many advantages, for example:
- Fonts are embedded in PDF files. Therefore, the PDF files can be opened throughout various programs, hardware, and operating systems, while the layout and style will not be messed up.
- Multimedia can be embedded.
- It supports vector graphics. Therefore, zooming in and out will not affect the clarity.
- It supports high-compressed pictures. Hundreds of megabytes of pictures can be compressed to 10 megabytes without distorting the resolution, which is convenient for transmission.
- It has the encryption function, which can not only restrict others from opening and browsing PDF files, but also restrict others from modifying and printing PDF files at will.
- All documents that can be printed can be converted to PDF, and the PDF files can also be converted to other file formats like Word, images, Excel, PPT, etc.
10 Best Free PDF Converters
Sometimes, you may need to convert various files into PDF files while sometimes you need to convert PDF files into other file formats. The following free PDF converters can help you solve the problem.
If you don’t want to install any software, you can use the following 5 online PDF converters:
- PDF Converter (freepdfconvert.com). This tool allows you to convert PDF files within a limited size. It supports file formats including PDF, Word, Excel, PPT, JPG, PNG, OpenOffice, eBooks, iWork, etc.
- Online 2 PDF (online2pdf.com). This tool is completely free and it supports file formats including Word, Excel, PPT, Publisher, OpenOffice, Images, XPS, PDF, etc. It also allows you to edit, unlock, and merge PDF files.
- Small PDF (smallpdf.com). This tool is free for 7 days and it supports file formats including PDF, Word, Excel, PPT, JPG, etc.
- Acrobat PDF Converter (adobe.com). You can use this tool once for free. This tool supports file formats including Word, Excel, PPT, PNG, TIFF, BMP, AI, INDD, PSD, PDF, etc.
- Soda PDF (sodapdf.com). This tool is free for 7 days and it supports file formats including Word, Excel, PPT, HTML, TXT, Image (PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF), RTF, and RTF.
If you need to convert PDF files frequently or the files to be converted are too many, I recommend you download and install the following free PDF converters:
- LibreOffice Draw: This software is available on Windows, Linux, and macOS. It supports HTML, SWF, GIF, EPS, SVG, WMF, PDF, AI, and more formats.
- Inkscape: It is free image editing software available on Windows, Linux, and macOS, but you can also use it to convert PDF files. However, at a time, you can only convert one page of a PDF document with this software. This software supports SVG, EMF, WMF, ODG, TEX, FXG, and more formats.
- XpdfReader: It is PDF reader software available on Windows, Linux, and macOS, but it also supports PDF conversion. You can use it to convert a PDF document to multiple image formats namely JPEG, PNG, and TIFF.
- PDFCreator: It is open-source PDF converter software available on Windows. It supports PDF, PDF/A, PDF/X, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, TXT, and other file formats.
- MuPDF: It is open-source PDF reader software available on Windows and Linux. It supports PDF, XPS, OpenXPS, CBZ, EPUB, ZIP, PNG, JPG, TIF, etc.
To use the above software, you just need to click File > Open to load the file into the software, and then click File > Save As/Export to convert the file.