This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard tells you what vulnerability the KB5008218 update can fix, how to get this update, and what issue this update can cause. This post may solve some of your problems.
Introduction to KB5008218
KB5008218 is a security update to Windows 10 Version 1809 and Windows Server 2019. It was released on December 14, 2021. This update addresses a known issue that might prevent Microsoft Defender for Endpoint from starting or running on devices that have a Windows Server Core installation.
In addition, this update can resolve the following 27 critical or important security vulnerabilities.
- CVE-2021-43215: It allows attackers to send a specially crafted request to the Internet Storage Name Service (iSNS) server.
- CVE-2021-43217: It allows attackers to cause a buffer overflow write leading to unauthenticated non-sandboxed code execution. This vulnerability affects the Windows Encrypting File System (EFS).
- CVE-2021-43233: It affects the Remote Desktop Client software.
- CVE-2021-43232: It affects the Windows Event Tracing Service.
- CVE-2021-43234: It affects Windows Fax Service.
- CVE-2021-43893: It affects Windows Encrypting File System (EFS).
- CVE-2021-43883: It affects Windows Installer.
- CVE-2021-43248: It affects Windows Digital Media Receiver.
- CVE-2021-43247: It affects Windows TCP/IP driver.
- CVE-2021-43238: It affects Windows Remote Access.
- CVE-2021-43231: It affects Windows NTFS.
- CVE-2021-43230: It affects Windows NTFS.
- CVE-2021-43229: It affects Windows NTFS.
- CVE-2021-43226: It affects Windows Common Log File System Driver.
- CVE-2021-43223: It affects Windows Remote Access Connection Manager.
- CVE-2021-41333: It affects Windows Print Spooler.
- CVE-2021-43207: It affects Windows Common Log File System Driver.
- CVE-2021-43244: It affects Windows Kernel.
- CVE-2021-43236: It affects Microsoft Messaging Queue
- CVE-2021-43235: It affects the ‘Storage Spaces Controller’.
- CVE-2021-43227: It affects the ‘Storage Spaces Controller’.
- CVE-2021-43224: It affects the Windows Common Log File System Driver.
- CVE-2021-43222: It affects Microsoft Messaging Queue.
- CVE-2021-43216: It affects Microsoft Local Security Authority Server (lsasrv).
- CVE-2021-43246: It affects Windows Hyper V service.
- CVE-2021-43228: It affects SymCrypt.
- CVE-2021-43219: It affects DirectX Graphics Kernel File.
How to Get the KB5008218 Update
The update will take your Windows version to OS build 17763.2366. You can take the following ways to get this update:
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings and then go to Update & Security > Windows Update. Then, the PC will detect updates for you. You just need to agree with the update.
- Go to the Microsoft Update catalog KB5008218 page, and then download the KB5008218 for x64 based computers.
As we all know, a Windows update can fix some issues, but it is more likely to trigger some issues. Microsoft has confirmed that you might experience a black screen, slow sign-in, or general slowness after installing this update.
In addition, you might also be unable to use Remote Desktop to reach the server. In some circumstances, the server might stop responding.
To solve these issues caused by the KB5008218, you need to install the out-of-band update KB5010196.
Do you know how to download Windows 10 updates manually? Now, you come to the right place. This post provides a full guide to the Windows 10 manual update.
Do you have other ideas about the KB5008218 update? Please share them with us in the following comment zone. I will appreciate that very much.