How to tell if your Instagram account is hacked? What to do if your Instagram account is hacked? How to prevent your Instagram account from being hacked? This post from MinTool Partition Wizard will solve the Instagram account hacked issue.
What Are the Signs That the Instagram Is Hacked?
Instagram is a social community application of Facebook that provides free online photo and video sharing. It allows users to take photos with their smartphones and add different filter effects to the photos and then share them to Instagram servers, or social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr.
Some hackers may steal those Instagram accounts with get large follower counts, so that they can use those accounts to sell scam products, or distribute malware and steal credentials via phishing pages.
In general, if your Instagram account is hacked, you may find some strange activity such as:
- Spam appears on your feed.
- Suspicious links are sent to your followers via your DMs.
- You all of a sudden follow a lot of people you don’t know.
- There are images on your account which you KNOW are not yours.
- You don’t have access to your account anymore and you are 100% sure that you’re using the right password and it’s not a technical glitch.
- You received an email from Instagram reporting suspicious activity on your account.
What to Do If My Instagram Was Hacked?
How to solve the Instagram account hacked issue? You can refer to the following methods.
- If hackers haven’t changed your password and you can still access your Instagram, you can change your password to a complicated one.
- If hackers have breached your account and changed details such as your email address and phone number, you need to work through the prescribed method via the Instagram Help Page. They may ask you to show the original email address or phone number that you used for the account, and take a picture of yourself holding a piece of paper with a code.
How to Make Your Instagram Account Safer
To avoid the Instagram account hacked issue, you can take some measures. For example:
- Ensure passwords are long and complex. The login interface will prevent hackers from entering passwords after 10 to 20 attempts. So a strong password is helpful to keeping hackers out.
- Enable two-factor authentication via the security page in the app. Two-factor authentication requires users to enter a code from an app like Google Authenticator or one sent to your cell phone via text every time they log in to a new device.
- Check your login activity under the security section of the app. You’ll see all the devices that your account is currently logged in to, and their geographic locations. If you see any suspicious activity, you can log yourself out of those devices from your current one.
- Pay attention to emails from Instagram. If someone attempts to reset your password, or if Instagram notices suspicious activity on your account, the platform will send you an email informing you of the change and you should act fast.
Through the above ways, you can avoid and solve the hacked account Instagram issue easily. Please have a try.