If you are looking for a tutorial on how to host on Twitch, this post of MiniTool deserves your attention. It illustrates 3 ways to host a channel on Twitch. In addition, it offers you some extra information about Twitch host.
What Is Twitch Hosting and Why Need to Do It
Twitch hosting allows you to broadcast other streamers’ channels on your channel. This operation enables your audience to see their broadcast without leaving your channel. It’s a win-win operation. On the one hand, you can keep your audience entertained. On the other hand, you can get mutual promotion and engagement for both your channel and your friends’.
Twitch host is a great way to organize charity streams, conferences, concerts, gaming tournaments like SGDQ and EVO, etc. You can enjoy new content while chatting with other viewers in real-time.
Pros and Cons of Hosting
- Smaller creators can obtain more followers by broadcasting the content on the live streams of bigger channels.
- It is helpful for strengthening your online community and exchanging ideas.
Hosting has a few hidden disadvantages.
- The most obvious one is the lack of control. As it’s a live broadcast, you can’t predict how it’ll turn out.
- Besides, you may misjudge the compatibility of your channels. Then could come off as offensive or rude to your subscribers.
- It’s not for sure that hosting will boost your channel as inexperienced streamers would host too many random channels. Then it would become tedious for your subscribers. After you enable the host mode, your subscribers can’t see the banner so you can’t communicate with them in time.
How to host someone on Twitch? Here are 3 methods for you. Just pick one according to your situation to perform the Twitch host operation.
Method 1: Use the Auto Hosting Feature
You can create an auto host list to make your channel host automatically whenever you’re offline. Here is the guide on how to host a channel on Twitch via the auto hosting feature.
Step 1: Open Twitch and log into your account. Then tap your profile picture in the top-right corner.
Step 2: Click Settings from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: On the Settings page, click Channel and Videos.
Step 4: Scroll down the page until you find the Auto Hosting section, and then turn on the Auto host channels toggle.
Step 5: After that, click on the Host list option at the bottom.
Step 6: On the next page, look for the channels you want to add and click the Add button. You can add as many channels as you can to this list.
Method 2: Type the Chatbox Command
This way is available for desktops.
Step 1: Log into your Twitch account and move to your Twitch channel by clicking on the profile picture in the upper right corner.
Step 2: In the drop-down menu, click on Channel.
Step 3: After entering your Twitch channel, you will see the chat section on the right side of the screen. Click on the Send a message field to continue.
Step 4: Type /host username and send the message.
1. You need to replace “username” with the actual username. For instance, if the target name is Tom, you need to type /host Tom.
2. You are only allowed to make three host commands per hour.
Step 5: If you want to stop hosting, type /unhost into the chat field and send the message.
Why is my Caps Lock reversed and how to fix it? Well, this post will tell you the reasons and offer some troubleshooting methods.
Method 3: Utilize the Host Mode
How to host on Twitch? You can do that simply by enabling the host mode. Nevertheless, this method only works on mobile phones (Android and iOS). To do that, you need to download the Twitch app from Apple Store or Google Play Store. Then follow these steps to execute the Twitch host operation.
Step 1: Open Twitch and log into the account using your username and password.
Step 2: When the account screen appears, click the Chat tab.
Step 3: Then the channel’s chat window will show up. You just need to type /host channel name and send the message. Likewise, you also need to replace the “channel name” with the exact channel name.