Facebook’s massive base of nearly three billion users makes the social network attractive to scammers and hackers. Many people may encounter the Facebook account hacked issue. This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard tells you how to solve this issue.
How to Tell If Your Facebook Account Has Been Hacked?
If your Facebook is hacked, you may notice the following signs:
- Your name, birthday, email or password has been changed.
- Someone sent out friend requests to people you don't know.
- Messages have been sent from your account, but you didn't write them.
- Posts are appearing on your timeline that you didn't post.
- A stranger's device has ever logged into your account.
The last hacking sign is less obvious and you need to check that manually. To check that, you can follow the guide below:
- Go to the arrow in the upper right-hand corner of your Facebook page and click on it.
- In the menu, select Settings. A new menu will pop up.
- Choose Security and Login and then Where You're Logged In. A list of all of the devices that you've logged into and their locations will pop up. If there is a login you don't recognize, chances are you may have been hacked.
How to Recover Hacked Facebook Account
If you are sure your Facebook account is hacked, you can try the following methods to do Facebook hacked recovery.
1. You can log into your account still
Go to Security and Login to find the device that isn't yours. Click the three vertical dots next to the device login, then Not You or Log Out. This can temporarily limit the damage the intruder can do and allow you to continue regaining and securing control of your account. Then, you can change the password.
2. Facebook account hacked and password changed
If you're locked out of Facebook, please reset your password by clicking the Forgot Your Password link underneath the Facebook login. You will need to provide some information like the email address you used to register with Facebook, the phone number associated with your account, or your name and the name of one of your Facebook friends.
3. Facebook account hacked email and phone changed
In this case, please check whether the password has been changed. If not, you can recover the account by referring to case 1. If password, email, and phone are all changed, you should contact Facebook service support.
How to Protect Your Facebook Account
Once you’ve confirmed you have been hacked, it’s notoriously difficult to recover your account. Therefore, taking measures to avoid Facebook account hacked issue is a good choice. To protect your Facebook account, you can refer to the following tips:
- Set a strong password. A strong password combining numbers, symbols, space bars, and lower and uppercase letters will reduce the risk of your account from being compromised.
- Do not click phishing emails. Hackers may get your information when you click on the link or open the attachment from the email. What's more, some suspicious emails may require you to enter your password, social security number, or credit card information.
- Do not connect your mobile device or laptop to a public WiFi network. Public network is unsafe and it is an easy way for hackers to obtain information.