Many hackers may try to hack Amazon users’ accounts. Then, what should you do if the Amazon account hacked issue happens to you? This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard shows you how to get back the hacked Amazon account.
Amazon is one of the best shopping platforms in the world. As a result, it attracts many hacking attacks. To prevent Amazon hacked issues, Amazon has ever gathered more than 50 hackers (white hat) from nine different countries to participate in the 10-day virtual event to identify vulnerabilities across some of Amazon’s core assets.
Although most safety issues have been solved, those Amazon hackers (black hat) would not give up hacking Amazon, and there is still the possibility of Amazon account being hacked due to improper operations of users (for example, clicking some phishing sites).
Then, what to do if your Amazon account has been hacked? To solve the Amazon account hacked issue, you can refer to the following guide.
Step 1. Getting Rid of Malwares First
Sometimes, if your Amazon account has been hacked, it’s possible that you have installed malwares mistakenly. In this case, you should remove these malwares first, otherwise your Amazon account will be hacked again.
Using a reliable antivirus program may remove the malwares. If this method fails, you can try wiping the PC and then clean reinstalling the OS.
Step 2. Recover the Hacked Amazon Account
When there is no malware on the PC, you can take the following methods to recover your account.
1. Change Your Password Directly
If you can access your account still, changing your password directly may solve this issue. Here is the guide:
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Click Account & Lists, and then select Login & security. In this step, you may need to enter your password again to confirm your identity.
- Click the Edit button under the Password
- Enter your current password and your new password. Then, click the Save changes button and you can change your password successfully.
2. Recover Your Account Through E-Mail or Phone Number
If the Amazon hacker has locked your account or changed your password, you can try this method. Here is the guide:
- Go to the Amazon login page.
- Click Need help to reveal the dropdown menu and then click Forgot Password.
- Enter your e-mail address or phone number and click the Continue
- Enter the one-time-password (OTP) sent to your email address or phone number and then click the Continue
- Give some information to confirm your identity. Then, you can reset the password.
3. Contact Amazon
If the above two methods fail to get back your account, you should consider contacting Amazon. There are many ways to contact Amazon. But the fastest way is to use their customer support phone number: 0800 279 7234.
Step 3. Take Measures to Avoid Property Loss
After solving the Amazon account hacked issue, you should take the following measures to avoid current or future property loss.
1. Review Your Account Information
Check your Amazon account information including the stored payment methods (Your Payments), billing and shipping addresses (Your Addresses), phone numbers and email addresses (Login and Security). If they are tampered with, please correct them.
2. Check All Orders
look at your Amazon order history including Open Orders, Cancelled Orders, and Archived Orders. You should make sure that all purchases were made by you alone. If there are orders not made by you, contact Amazon to help you rescue your property loss.
3. Remove Stored Payment Data
Please remove all accounts and credit cards under Your Account and Your Payments, lest the hacker keep using them to purchase online.