Do you want to upgrade the hard drive in your Acer laptop? This post from MiniTool Partition Wizard illustrates the Acer laptop hard drive replacement process by taking Nitro 5, Aspire 5, and Swift 3 as examples.
Acer Laptop Hard Drive Replacement
Acer is one of the famous PC brands. Its popular laptop series includes Nitro, Aspire, and Swift. Some people may want to know how to upgrade the hard drive in Nitro 5, Aspire 5, or Swift 3. In this post, I will show you how to do that.
However, before getting started, you should prepare some tools:
- A cross-headed screwdriver (Phillip Screwdriver).
- Prying tool (Not metallic).
- A micro-fiber cloth or any other cloth to place your laptop.
- Anti-static wrist strap (Not Mandatory).
- A proper hard drive (you should check the user manual to confirm which port is available and then purchase a hard drive that has the same interface as your laptop).
After these tools are prepared, you can start the Acer laptop hard drive replacement process.
Acer Nitro 5 Hard Drive Upgrade
Acer’s Nitro 5 is a budget gaming laptop and it has room for a 2.5-inch SATA storage drive (HDD or SSD) and an M.2 SSD. Here I will show you how to upgrade the SATA hard drive.
- Locate the larger access panel on the bottom of your Acer Nitro 5.
- Unscrew the single fastener and remove the access panel.
- Unscrew the four black fasteners located on mounting brackets along the outside of the drive bay and then lift the HDD out of the bay.
- Detach the SATA cable from the 2.5-inch drive and then remove the old 2.5-inch HDD from the mount.
- Place the new 2.5-inch SSD into the mount, connect the cable, place the drive into the bay and fasten it, and then press the access panel back into place and fasten it.
Upgrading RAM can improve game performance. Do you want to upgrade RAM in Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop? Here is a full guide on Acer Nitro 5 RAM upgrade.
Acer Aspire 5 SSD Upgrade
Acer Aspire 5 SSD upgrade is a little difficult because you need to remove the entire bottom panel. After removing the bottom panel, you will see the inside layout shown below. Then, locate the hard drive, unscrew the fasteners, replace the hard drive, screw the fasteners, and then place the bottom panel back and fasten it.
Acer Swift 3 SSD Upgrade
Acer Swift 3 is a budget-friendly clamshell laptop and it only has one M.2 slot for an SSD. To upgrade the SSD, please follow the steps below:
- Remove the entire bottom panel.
- Locate the M.2 SSD, unscrew the fastener holding the M.2 SSD in place, and pull the M.2 SSD away from the slot. Don’t lift straight up or you will risk damaging the slot.
- Insert the new M.2 SSD into the slot and fasten it.
- Place the bottom panel back and fasten it.
Do you have other ideas about Acer laptop hard drive replacement? Please share them with us in the following comment zone. I will appreciate that very much.