Set Partition as Logical
About "Set Partition as Logical"One of the biggest limitations of MBR disk is that it can support up to 4 primary partitions (or 3 primary partitions plus 1 extended partition). Imagine this: you already have 4 primary partitions but you still need to create more partitions with free space on this disk.
You’ll receive this prompt when trying to create new partitions in Disk Management. What are you supposed to do to work this out?
Certainly, the best way to solve this problem is to set partition as logical. After that, you can get as many logical partitions as you want by adjusting the size of existing partitions.
Now, the only obstacle is how to set partition as logical. Considering that users are not familiar with such task at all, we feel glad to offer a wonderful tool named MiniTool Partition Wizard. Detailed tips can be found in each interface of this tool, so users got nothing to worry about.
How to Set Partition as LogicalHere’s the MiniTool Partition Wizard tutorial for setting a primary partition as logical; it only consists of three steps.
1. Choose any one primary partition that you want to set as logical from main interface of the software (except for the one that includes system files).
2. Choose "Set Partition as Logical" function directly from "Change Partition" list in left action panel.
Of course, you can also activate "Set Partition as Logical" function through following ways:
a. right click the target partition -> choose "Set Partition as Logical";
b. select "Partition" in menu bar -> choose "Modify" -> choose "Set Partition as Logical".
3. Tap "Apply" button in the tool bar to execute pending operation immediately.
4. Click "Yes" in the prompt window to allow changes.
5. Tap "OK" button in "Successful" prompt window to end the whole task.