Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk
About "Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk"GPT, short for GUID Partition Table, is actually a standard BIOS partition table on a physical hard disk. Believe it or not, GPT is much better than MBR in many aspects. For instance, GPT disk supports at most 128 partitions in Windows while MBR disk supports only 4 primary partitions (or 3 primary partitions and 1 extended partition). No wonder so many users become fans of GPT disk.
But why there are still some users who want to convert GPT disk to MBR Disk. Please allow us to explain it for you.
Though GPT disk is more advanced when compared to MBR disk, we still need a MBR disk sometimes.
For instance, if users are using a very old operating system like Windows 2000 Server, a GPT disk is not suitable. Even if users employ a GPT disk in Windows 2000 Server, they can't install operating system to it because the booting from GPT disk is forbidden in such system. All in all, there are still some situations where we need to convert GPT disk to MBR disk.
How to Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk
If you are dealing with the system disk, do the followings in advance in case of any accidents after the conversion.
1. Create a bootable media of MiniTool Partition Wizard.
2. Create a system image or back up the whole system disk.
For the vast majority of computer users, how to convert GPT disk to MBR disk is a tough task since they are inexperienced in managing the disk. Because of that, we'd like to introduce an amazing tool – MiniTool Partition Wizard here; it allows you to finish GPT to MBR conversion without damaging data.
MiniTool Partition Wizard tutorial of "Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk":
1. Run MiniTool Partition Wizard and choose the GPT disk on which conversion needs to perform.
2. Choose "Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk" function through the following 3 ways:
- Click "Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk" under the "Convert Disk" list on the left side.
- Right click on target GPT disk and choose "Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk" from pop-up menu.
- Click "Disk" in menu bar and choose "Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk".
3. Click on "Apply" button in the toolbar (at this time, users can see pending operations at the bottom of the left action panel).
4. Tap "Yes" button to confirm conversion.
5. Wait for the completion of disk conversion.
6. Click "OK" button at the end of conversion to put an end.