Here we will choose disk H to format. Then click the button Format and a pop up dialogue box appears.
Here you are allowed to select the type of format: either to format the partition with NTFS file system or FAT32 file system. At the same time, you can set the size of cluster, we recommend setting it as Default. Apply change and your partition would be formatted.
If you want to format the disk permanently, you can reinstall the Operating System. In this process, XP has the partition and format program built in.
First, enter BIOS setting and set CD-ROM priority.
1) press Del and enter BIOS.
2) Select Advanced BIOS Features.
3) Press enter and go to the setting interface of the BIOS setting.
4) Select First Boot Device.
5) Using the up arrow or down arrow to select CDROM.
6) Press ESC to go back to the BIOS setting.
7) Save changes.
8) Press Y and restart computer.
Different BIOS has different hot keys. If you have a desktop computer, you can follow the above steps. If you have laptop computer, press F2 to enter BIOS setting.
1) Restart computer and select CD ROM, and insert in the CD of Windows XP.
2) When it shows press any key to boot from CD, press enter.
3) Soon the welcome interface of Windows appears, select install now, and press enter.
4) Computer shows permission protocol and press F8 to load information.
5) Select complete installation.
Now, you can delete all partitions and create partition. Partition is measured by MB. While 1 G equals to 1024 G, disk C usually set 8 G is enough. Set the partition size for other partitions as you like.
After partitioning, set disk C as system partition. Format it with NTFS file system and install the OS.
6) Start copying files, this is a long process. After this, restart your computer.
7) After restart, computer is loading application information.
8) The following step can be carried out according to tips. After the end of this process, restart the computer and finish the installation.
Next is to install drivers
What should be installed? Right click my computer and open the device management function in the property menu. Just click the options with a yellow question mark. All these devices need drivers. After installation, put in the CD.
1) Right click my computer and select property.
2) Select hardware and click device manager.
3) Double click the yellow?
4) Install new drivers.
5) Select yes only this time, and click next to continue. Then, select auto search and click next.
6) The installation process will be carried out automatically.
After everything is ready enter device management and you will see no yellow? This shows the drive is installed.
Then reboot the system and format the partition with FAT32 file systems. The last step is to install common applications.