Data backup is vitally important for servers and server owners always need to copy entire disk to avoid abrupt data loss. Nevertheless, server operating system merely supports file copy and partition copy rather disk copy. Therefore, user must turn to third-party partition magic, MiniTool Partition Wizard for instance, to help copy entire disk. Do we need a size-equivalent or larger disk to store data when coping entire disk? Negative. This doubt may be aroused because most partition magic copy all disk data, which usually results in disk space insufficiency.
Defects of traditional disk copy
Traditional entire disk copy is complete copy, namely copying all data on every server disk sector, which is the way the majority of partition magic adopts when executing partition or disk copy. Firstly, such method would consume a large amount of time, increase CPU utilization rate and impose negative effect upon server. Secondly, traditional copy method requires user to provide equivalent or larger disk for storing data. Thirdly, crash or failure of operating system or partition magic will lead to error or even server failure.
Therefore, user should better employ MiniTool Partition Wizard which provides user with multiple disk copy solutions to successfully copy disk at will.
More flexible disk copy partition magic - MiniTool Partition Wizard
From above image, user can clearly see MiniTool Partition Wizard provides three options for disk copy:
1. "Fit partition to entire disk": copy data and take up entire disk space.
2. "Copy partition without resize": this is designed on the base of traditional copy method. Source disk space will not be modified when perform disk copy.
3. "Copy partition with minimum size."
Notices for copying disk with MiniTool Partition Wizard
Each operation on MiniTool Partition Wizard is attached with text description, please read these descriptions carefully before operating:
1. When perform data copy, data on target partition will be deleted. Please transfer or copy the partition in advance.
2. User has to enter BIOS and modify relevant settings if operating system is needed to be started from target disk.
Through above-mentioned introduction, user may have such a feeling that MiniTool Partition Wizard is a user-concentrated partition magic for all server operating systems including Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, etc. For more information on MiniTool Partition Wizard, please visit https://www.powerdatarecovery.com/.