Dual boot Windows XP Windows 7 is the dream of most computer users. Windows XP is the most stable operating system of Microsoft. It has excellent compatibility with almost all software. Windows 7 is the newest operating system of Microsoft. It attracts users by its perfect experience. To own these two operating systems at the same time, dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7 is the best choice.
How to realize dual boot Windows XP Windows 7?
To realize dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7, we should install them both to the computer. At the same time, we need to pay attention to that installing operating system is not like installing third-party software. Some users cannot dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7 as a result of ignoring details when installing. The following are some points needed to be noticed when installing:
1. Before installing Windows XP and Windows 7, we should know about them first. At least, we should know about the system requirement. Windows 7 is a brand-new operating system after Windows XP. It has higher requirement on computer configuration. Therefore, to install them both, we should consider about computer configuration.
2. We should also consider the version issue. Windows 7 is higher so we should install Windows XP and then Windows 7. Otherwise we can not realize dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7.
3. Windows XP and Windows 7 should be installed to different partitions because different operating systems may disturb each other if they are in the same partition. Once the partition is damaged, neither Windows XP nor Windows 7 can start.
4. Windows XP and Windows 7 have different sizes. When creating partition, we should consider the size of operating system, the size need for applications and software, as well as the size of operating systems need to operate normally.
5. Set both Windows XP and Windows 7 system partitions as primary partitions. In addition, set one of the primary partitions as active partition. There can be only one active partition. Generally, we set Windows XP system partition as active partition.
These five points need our attention when we install the two operating systems. What's more, what we need is an excellent partition magic to realize dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7. When installing, MiniTool Partition Wizard will give you the best help. It can create partition, set primary partition and active partition, as well as resize partition easily.
MiniTool Partition Wizard creates condition for dual boot Windows XP Windows 7
The first step is to create two reasonable partitions for Windows XP and Windows 7. If there is not enough space in disk, we can use MiniTool Partition Wizard to delete partition or resize partition and then get some free space. With this free space we can create new partitions.
This is the interface of MiniTool Partition Wizard to create new partition. Through dragging the partition handle or inputting values in the textboxes to create partition you need. Remember to set the partitions as primary partitions. After creating, set one of them as active partition. For more detailed information please visit the official website of MiniTool Partition Wizard: https://www.partitionwizard.com/.
At present, Windows XP and Windows 7 have helped many users who want to dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7. MiniTool Partition Wizard also provides you with excellent solutions for your daily partition management to ensure perfectly operating of Windows XP and Windows 7.