The key to merging partition in Vista is to select some suitable partition magic. Similar to Windows operating systems, Vista provides users with multiple editions like Home Basic edition, Home Premium edition, Enterprise edition, Ultimate edition, etc. Judging from the edition names, we can know that different editions are used in different environments. What's more, every edition consists of 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems and there are differences between 32-bit Vista and 64-bit Vista. Is it necessary to select suitable partition magic according to different Vista editions in order to merge partition? For some partition magic, it is. However, we can ignore it if we use MiniTool Partition Wizard which supports all Vista editions.
What if partition magic is not compatible with Vista?
Microsoft has announced that Vista operating system is of excellent compatibility. But many users have encountered the situation where some software is not compatible with Vista.
1. When we use partition magic to merge partition in Vista, some can enter the operation window normally. But in the operating process, Vista may show error prompt, which stops merging partition.
2. Some partition magic is said to run perfectly in Vista. But after users update or change Vista operating system edition, the partition magic can not operate in Vista, let alone merging partition in Vista.
3. Some unprofessional partition magic is not compatible with Vista at all. When we launch it, the system reminds us of compatibility failure and merging partition in Vista can not be carried out.
Whether the partition magic is compatible with Vista must be considered when Vista users choose partition magic. No matter how powerful the partition magic is, it is useless if it can not run normally in Vista. However, MiniTool Partition Wizard gets rid of our worries about compatibility. According to Vista users' feedbacks, MiniTool Partition Wizard is highly compatible with all Vista editions, so we can use it to merge partition in Vista.
How to merge partition in Vista with MiniTool Partition Wizard?
It is not difficult to merge partition in Vista. Only if we follow the prompts of MiniTool Partition Wizard in every step can merging partition be finished easily.
Select any partition in the main interface and click "Merge" on tool bar.
Select the disk where merging partition are to be performed and select the partition that will be merged and click "Next>".
Select another partition that will be merged to the previous selected partition and all files in this partition will be stored in a folder in the new partition (we can set folder name by ourselves). Then click "Finish" to return to the main interface.
In the preview, we can see that the two partitions have been merged to a new partition and partition capacity is changed correspondingly. Last, click "Apply" to execute all operations contained in "Operations Pending". Until now, we have finished merging partition in Vista.
Tips on merging partition in Vista
1. The two partitions that will be merged must be adjacent. If not, we can explore "Move/Resize Partition" to make it.
2. Both of the partitions that will be merged must be NTFS file system. If we want to merge FAT partitions, we must change file system into NTFS by employing the function "Convert FAT to NTFS".
In daily disk management, Vista users not only need to merge partition, but also need to create partition, copy partition, delete partition, recover partition and so on. MiniTool Partition Wizard has all those functions as well as some other partition management functions which are rarely used but practical. More information can be obtained on the official website https://www.partitionwizard.com/.