Convert Dynamic Disk to Basic Disk
About "Convert Dynamic Disk to Basic Disk"Have you ever heard of the term – convert dynamic disk to basic disk? Do you know what does it mean?
In fact, basic disk and dynamic disk are two basic hard disk configuration types in Windows System. The former one is more popular than the latter one and it can be found in most PCs. The management of basic disk is indeed much easier than that of dynamic disk, so basic disk is often more suitable for ordinary computer users. But for advanced users and IT administrators, if they would like to improve the performance of computer with more than one hard disk, they’d better choose dynamic disk.
Dynamic disk is very different from basic disk. Several independent dynamic disks can join together to form a Spanned Volume in some versions of Windows. Data can be saved to different hard disks to form Striped Volume. Simple volume, mirrored volume and RAID-5 volume can also be seen in a dynamic disk. In this way, the performance of computer will be greatly improved. However, to simplify the management of disk, ordinary users hope to convert dynamic disk to basic disk safely sometimes.
Note: the free edition of MiniTool Partition Wizard does not support "Convert Dynamic Disk to Basic". So please select professional edition or other advanced editions for this support. You could also view the comparison of MiniTool Partition Wizard.
How to Convert Dynamic Disk to Basic DiskThe steps to convert a dynamic disk to basic disk are very easy in MiniTool Partition Wizard. Before starting to convert, users need to know two things:
- This software can only help to convert the dynamic disk containing simple volume and mirrored volume.
- This dynamic disk convert function is available in all editions except for the free edition.
The following MiniTool Partition Wizard tutorial will tell you how to convert dynamic disk to basic disk. Please read it carefully.
1. Choose the dynamic disk or partition which needs to be converted to basic from the right Disk Map or Disk/Partition/Volume List area.
2. Choose one of the following 3 ways to access "Convert Dynamic Disk to Basic" function.
a). Choose it in left "Convert Disk" list.
b). Right click the dynamic disk in Disk Map or Disk/Partition/Volume List area and then select the function from pop-up menu.
c). Choose the function from the submenu of "Dynamic Disk" in the menu bar.
3. Click "Apply" in the upper left to confirm executing pending operations.
4. Tap "Yes" to carry out dynamic disk conversion pending operations.
5. Click "OK" when the disk conversion is completed automatically by software. Or you need to click "Restart Now" sometimes when the dynamic disk you want to convert is in use and then let Partition Wizard finish the conversion during restarting.