Striped volume is used on dynamic disk, and it consists of 2 or more physical disk spaces (32 disks at most). Many users use striped volume to store data because it reads and accesses data at a high speed and users call it "RAID-0". The principle is very simple. When users write data into striped volume, data is divided into data block of 64KB. And then different data blocks will be written to each disk, greatly improving disk efficiency and performance. When users create striped volume, different methods can be used, and most users choose Windows built-in Disk Management Tool or third-party partition magic to create striped volume.
Create striped volume with Windows Disk Management Tool
Be careful when you create striped volume with Windows Disk Management Tool and follow these steps:
1. Right click "My Computer" to select "Management", and then open computer management control console. Click "Disk Management".
2. On "Disk Management", right click unallocated space, and then choose "Create Volume".
3. After Create Volume Wizard appears, click "Next", choose "Striped Volume" and then click "Next".
4. Select the desired disk and input space size of volume allocated on each disk. And then click "Next". Then complete operations according to prompts.
The following picture will appear after users create striped volume successfully:
The area marked with red box is physical disk space occupied by striped volume and it means that users have created striped volume successfully. This method is very simple, but any accidental operation will lead to inconceivable results. Using partition magic software to create striped volume will solve this problem.
Create striped volume with disk management software
It's very simple to use professional disk management software such as MiniTool Partition Wizard to create striped volume. Compared with Windows Disk Management Tool (Utility), MiniTool Partition Wizard has lower accidental operation rate. When users use MiniTool Partition Wizard to create striped volume, this partition magic will provide some prompts for reducing accidental operations. Let's learn how to use MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition v 7.0 to create striped volume.
Firstly, run MiniTool Partition Wizard disk management software, and users will see following interface:
This is the main interface of MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition v7.0. Details of creating striped volume are shown below:
1. Choose any dynamic disk and then click "Create Volume" on left Operations to enter "Create Volume Wizard".
2. On this interface, users choose "Striped" to enter next step.
3. Then users need to select physical disk to create striped volumes. At least two physical disks should be available. After confirm it, click "Next" to enter the next interface.
4. On this interface, users can set properties such as drive letter, cluster size, file system, size and location, and so on. After that, click "Finish" to complete settings, and the next interface appears:
5. Users can preview striped volume after performing operations and check whether the settings are reasonable. After confirm all operations, click "Apply" to perform operations.
6. Restart computer to complete creating striped volume.
Here, MiniTool Partition Wizard has successfully created striped volume without costing much time and requiring very professional operations. Users can create striped volume according to prompts even when using it for first time. In the latest MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition v7.0, striped volume management is just one of dynamic disk volume managements. MiniTool Partition Wizard Server Edition v 7.0 can also create simple volume, mirrored volume, spanned volume, and RAID-5. Every volume has different requirements. To learn more details, please visit https://www.partitionwizard.com/.