Nowadays, numerous Windows computer users have replaced their FAT partition with NTFS partition. What are the exact reasons? The biggest difference between NTFS and FAT lies in file system security. To be specific, NTFS provides more powerful security insurance for server or workstation. Certain highlight helps NTFS gain more and more supporters. As we can see, situations where it is necessary to convert FAT32 to NTFS happen every now and then. Well then, how to perform FAT32 to NTFS conversion on Windows computer?
Solutions to Converting FAT32 to NTFS Solution1: Use Windows Built-in Disk Management Tool to Realize FAT32 to NTFS Conversion
1. Users who want to convert FAT32 to NTFS need to right click needed partition from "My Computer", and then choose "Format". After that, certain interface will appear.
2. Here, users just need to choose "FAT32" from the drop-down menu of "File system" and choose a proper size from the pop-up list of "Allocation unit size".
3. Click "Start" to start the conversion process.
As we can see, certain operation will inevitably pose high risk to managed partition data security. To protect partition data, users have to transfer data in advance, and then transfer them back after fulfilling the conversion, which is energy-consuming. Moreover, once misoperation occurs in the process, users have to suffer from data loss. If users want to perform effective and secure FAT32 to NTFS conversion, they are advised to use the professional server partition software MiniTool Partition Wizard. Via the official website, users can easily download the software.
Solution 2: Perform FAT32 to NTFS Conversion by Using Professional Server Partition Software
After downloading the recommended partition software, users need to install it on computer. When operations are done, run the software to open its main interface:
The interface above is the main interface of the professional server partition software. As presented, multiple server partition management functions are available in "Operations" column. Users who need to realize FAT32 to NTFS conversion need to follow those steps:
1. Choose the partition needing to be managed from right partition list.
2. Click "Convert FAT to NTFS" option from left action panel.
3. Backing to main interface of professional server partition software, users need to click "Apply" in the upper left corner, if the presented effect of FAT32 to NTFS conversion is satisfying.
When all operations are executed, users have successfully completed the process to convert FAT32 to NTFS.
If you are encountering file system conversion issues, and there is no suitable tool to tackle the issue, just try the professional server partition software. It is believed that the software will help you a lot.