Partition WizardWindows PC and Server Disk Partition Management Software
MiniTool Partition Wizard
Merge Partition XP
When you need to merge partitions?
If you have a partitioned hard drive and you are running out of space on one of the partitions, you can choose to merge it with another partition. You must however note that the other partition should be completely empty to avoid some files bearing the same name to be overwritten.
How to merge partitions?
You are allowed to merge partitions under Windows XP. The following will teach you how to merge partitions with the built-in system tools:
1. Go to the Start menu and open "Control Panel".
2. Select the "System and Maintenance" option if you are using the Control Panel Home View and "Administrative Tools" if you are using the "Classic View".
3. In the "Administrative Tools" section, select "Create and format disk partitions".
4. For "Classic View" users, select the "Computer Management" option and select "Storage". When done, click "Disk Management".
5. When the list of your drive is displayed, choose the one with which you want to merge your partitioned drive with (e.g. disk D :) and select "Delete Volume".
6. Hence, select your drive C: and the option "Extend Volume". You computer will automatically select empty available spaces on your hard disk and you can alter them if you wish to do so.
How to use Partition Wizard to merge two partitions?
MiniTool Partition Wizard 7.0 supports to merge two adjacent partitions without data loss. To use this function, you could click Merge from the Partition menu. And also, you could launch it by clicking Merge Partition in Operations group of the Action Panel.
Firstly, you need to select a Partition you like to expand from the partition list. And the selected partition will be expanded to include the adjacent partition that select by the next step.
And then, you need to select an adjacent partition that will be merged to the previous partition. All the data of the selected partition will be stored to the expanding partition that selected by the previous step.
Common problems related to partition management and our solutions: